Saturday 5 April 2014

Mum and Dad

This photo of my Mum and Dad was taken in July 1943 when my Mum was 22 and Dad 24 and he was obviously on leave from the army.  We always thought Mums' hat was funny and she always maintained that she couldn't remember it!!!
I used a real doily that I soaked in tea to get a softer colour and I made the frame from chipboard which I embossed and then spent all day trying to get the colour right with paints and mists!!!


I used the sketch from Scrapology....and the extra criteria was to use a poem.  I opted for a poem by Patience Strong as she was a favourite of Mum!!

 

The challenge at Scrapology closes on the 5th May so loads of time to enter!!!

I am also entering this into the challenge at Pinque Peacock Challenge 4 - Flowers.  I did use a few!! LOL

This challenge ends at the end of the month...so loads of time to get your flowers out!!

Thanks for visiting!!


6 comments:

  1. Fab page Jackie and a lovely memory. Thanks for joining in with the Scrapology challenge :)
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness.. what a great layout.. I love everything about it.. Thanks for joining us at the Pinque Peacock flowers challenge...
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super page Jackie, really lovely. Thanks for joining the scrapology challenge, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is lovely - so nostalgic....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful layout and such a wonderful memory to preserve. You have used a few flowers, so I guess we can count this at the Pinque Peacock Challenge Blog ::giggle:: Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage feel this has. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete